Business Internship – Venture Team
Business Operations & Strategy - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Internship (6 months)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Business Internship - Venture Team
Our Venture Development team works to scale up our business by finding and evaluating potential investments, and assisting in the onboarding process for companies we purchase. We’re looking for an intern who can provide support to the team to ensure that our venture projects flourish.
What you'll do:
- Aid the team by conducting data research, consolidating files and taking on administrative duties.
- Undertake analyses of our competitors and the market to give us a clearer image of the competitive landscape.
- Assist in project progress: follow up with team members on their current status, take care of documentation and ensure that relevant stakeholders have the information they need.
- Propose and develop potential improvements we can make to our current work processes.
What you'll definitely need:
- Fantastic communication skills: you must be able to explain yourself, both verbally and in writing, in a way that prevents potential misunderstanding from occurring.
- Exceptional organizational skills: you will need to be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a way that maximizes efficiency.
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- A good eye-for-detail that allows you to spot even the smallest of mistakes.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we'd love you to have:
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel (though training will also be provided).
- Previous experience within a start-up environment or working for a digital company, or any other relevant, real-world professional experience.
Important Application Info:Instead of writing a motivation letter, we would like to ask you to answer the following four questions and upload them in a pdf file. Please answer all questions in English and make sure to stick to the provided word limit.
1) Why do you want to work for trivago's Venture Team? (max. 100 words)
2) How do you fulfill the requirements for this position? (max. 100 words)
3) Tell us about a situation in which you had to present complex information. How did you use your communication skills? How did you ensure that the recipient understood? (max.150 words)
4) Have you ever had to deal with multiple and diverse tasks at once? How did you manage to complete all of them? (max. 100 words)
Life at trivago is...
- The chance to work with adventurous people from over 60 nations to redefine the travelling experience for millions of people.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- This is a paid internship lasting 6 months.
- Please note that your CV must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.