IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
trivago is looking for someone with experience working in IT Support, on a user help desk or in networking who can take a hands-on approach in assisting our staff with all their IT-related issues in person. We need someone who both loves technology and who prefers helping people deal with their issues face-to-face instead of remotely. If you can ensure that our users stay satisfied, we’d like to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- As part of our internal user help desk team, install, maintain and update workstations for our users and be their first point of contact for all IT-related issues or queries.
- Troubleshoot IT malfunctions on a daily basis to ensure that everyone stays on track, tackling problems directly rather than providing support with an FAQ sheet.
- Assist in taking care of our internal user help desk, ensuring that all requests are acknowledged and responded to.
- Document your work on our internal knowledge base so that our entire team can benefit.
What you'll need:
- To be a master of Windows 10.
- The ability to set up and operate Microsoft Office 365 in your sleep.
- A complete understanding of all aspects of computer networking.
- Experience in setting up and operating various devices. You must also be confident troubleshooting issues on notebooks, tablets, PCs and mobile devices.
- A positive attitude and a friendly demeanour that makes you the perfect team player.
- An organized and structured work style and has the ability to keep a cool head under pressure.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we'd love you to have:
- 1-2 years' experience working in IT Support/user help desk or in networking.
- Some previous experience working as a system administrator.
- German language skills (as some systems are programmed in German).
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.