Technical Lead – Marketing Engineering
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Technical Lead - Marketing Engineering
Would you like the chance to help a team to shape the future of an international, dynamic, and knowledge hungry software development organization?
We are looking for a technically proficient developer (or ex-developer…) who would like to lead, inspire, and grow individuals and teams. If you are passionate about high-quality software development, care about agility, and are as good with people as you are with compilers, then we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Coach and mentor a team of 8-15 Software Engineers.
- Shape and define the technical strategy of your team.
- Contribute your passion for technology and stay up to date with current trends.
- Evaluate if a migration to a different software would make sense.
- Promote good engineering practices to increase code quality, reliability, security, robustness, and performance.
- Empower teams to be autonomous and take full responsibility for their product.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and different Stakeholders to combine different perspectives into a joint plan of action.
- Contribute to large-scale projects that affect millions of daily users.
What you'll definitely need:
- To be a skillful software engineer that has ideally worked in a large-scale and/or high-traffic environment before, with experience working with tasks for both Frontend and Backend development.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming and systems development lifecycle.
- A proficient understanding of RESTful API concepts.
- To be a people person that is willing to put the good of the team first.
- To have completed a degree in Computer Science or related field, or to have had equivalent work experience.
- A keen eye for people’s talents and the ability to turn them into performance for the company.
- To have a good grasp of English (our company language).
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.