Technical Project Manager – IT Security
Software Engineering - Leipzig, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Technical Project Manager - IT Security
Are you a developer with excellent organizational skills who is looking for a position where your work shapes the future of a globally recognized hotel search?
We’re looking for a problem-solving Technical Project Manager to join our Advertiser Engineering team in Leipzig. In this role, you will have an overview of everything that happens in all of our Tech teams, in order to support them in their hour of need. If you’re looking for a challenging role in an environment that encourages new ideas, continuous personal development and the courage to question the status quo, apply today.
What you'll do:
- Guide delivery teams in implementing controls securely, using your comprehensive knowledge of IT Security topics.
- Act as an interface between the Tech Lead of Advertiser Engineering, many different Technology Teams from different locations (Palma, Düsseldorf, Amsterdam) and other Departments, and be responsible for creating technical concepts and coordinating the entire project cycle of new product launches.
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to understand their requirements, e.g. for new website functions.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, coordinate resources, monitor the progress of projects and stay on top of things that are happening in the Technology Department at trivago.
- Moreover, you will be responsible for recognizing stuck - situations in the area of Technology as well as for solving them (alone or with others).
- Define ‘Making trivago IT Transparent’ as your mission statement, and execute your mission by holding presentations and workshops etc. on a regular basis.
What you'll definitely need:
- An educational background in IT, Software Engineering, Project Management or a similar field.
- A track record of implementing standards like PCI DSS.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in in Project Management, IT, Software Engineering or a similar field.
- A very broad knowledge of all things IT and Tech.
- To be a good communicator and negotiator with great stakeholder management skills, able to work collaboratively across departments to reach common goals.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- A very good knowledge of Agile methodologies, in order to cope with some very complex IT problems.
- Some German language skills would be a plus but are not mandatory for the role.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.