- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Business Intelligence - Reporting Engineer
Do you want the chance to be one of the engineers dedicated to running advanced ETL jobs across 100+ machines, bridging the gap between Business Intelligence and Data Engineering, and enabling trivago’s BI teams to deliver insights, data and reports to internal and external stakeholders?
Our BI team is looking for skilled and courageous engineers, who are not scared at the prospect of working with such huge data and complex structures, but cannot wait to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you, then read on…
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and schedule reporting pipelines.
- Maintain and optimize existing data transformation processes.
- Solve issues on production data systems and pipelines and fix bugs on production systems.
- Support Analysts in using tools such as Spark, Hive, or Impala.
- Align with Data Engineering for new solutions and applications to solve new reporting challenges.
- ETL (extract, transform load) processes.
What you'll definitely need:
- At least 1 year experience working in IT, Operations, DBA or report development, ideally with a focus on data.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and at least a basic familiarity of the general tools and principles of software engineering.
- An educational background in Software Engineering, at apprenticeship level or higher.
- Soft skills (personal traits suited to the role – data-drive, team player, multi-tasker etc.)
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- 1+ years’ work experience in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, QA, or a relevant field, this can also include internships.
- Good knowledge of Hive, Oozie and Sqoop.
- Basic knowledge of Git and Shell.
- An understanding of Java, Yarn and Spark.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.