- Level: Professionals,Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Java Software Engineer / Data Scientist
Are you a curious Java developer with a passion for Data Science? Our Marketplace department are looking for a new gang member to join an interdisciplinary team of expert engineers and data scientists to support in bringing machine learning and predictive algorithms into production. If you’re looking for a role in a dynamic, ever-changing and innovative environment where your work has a direct visible impact, you’ve come to the right place.
What you'll do:
- Work on the Marketplace service, a Java backend service, handling user requests.
- Analyze the outcome of algorithms, and monitor performance data with Python / R.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms within a large-scale web system.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Work on an internal distributed caching system.
- Implement tools and interfaces for data scientists.
What you'll definitely need:
- Expert Java skills.
- An unrivaled passion for statistical learning, data analysis and efficient algorithms.
- Hands-on work experience in in developing multi-core/distributed software.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, e.g. Python (numpy / pandas) or R.
- A bachelor’s in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar, role-relevant field.
- To speak English (our company language) at a fluent level.
What we'd love you to have:
- A good overview of Machine Learning.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL storages such as Redis.
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop / Hive / Impala.
- A passion for staying at the cutting edge of latest technologies and advancements. If you hear about something new, you want to test it!
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.